Dec 22, 2010

Oldie but a goodie, Framed Art

When I need that quick gift and nothing will do. I go thru some old Stampin Success magazines, I love going thru these because there are so many ideas I forget about, or maybe I didn't get to. You do have to be a demonstrator to receive this wealth of information so contact me if you are interested. http://brendasplace.stampinup.net now onto the project.REMEMBER if you do not have the stamps used in this project use what you do have. Change it to someones name with flowers or butterflies, get creative.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Letterpress Alphabet (retired),Alphabits (retired), Expressive Flexible Phrases (retired),
Jumbo wheel Woodcut Holly (retired),Print Pattern Background (retired)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke,Bravo Burgundy
Markers: Always Artichoke,Bravo Burgundy
Punches: 1/4 square punch, 1/8 hand held punch
Extra's: White fibers, Hodgepodge Hardware
Frame: Ivory Distressed looks the nicest (40%off at Michaels)
I cut 3 tags 2 x 3 out of Very Vanilla and distressed them with Crumb Cake Ink. I then stamped one letter per tag in Bravo Burgundy. Using my markers and the Woodcut Holly wheel I colored the holly and stamped them out one at a time. Then cut those and taped in place. Using the crumb cake I punched out three 1/4 squares and taped them at the top. I punched a hole at the top using my 1/8 hand held punch and tied them with twine. I then stamped Wishes, Wonder, and Believe in Always Artichoke and cut them out.Remember to leave room on the left side for a hole punch with the 1/8 and tied them with linen thread to each tag. The "J" tag I wrapped with some white fiber(don't know where it came from), and used a spiral hardware to slide onto the tag. I stamped the alphabits twice with Always artichoke and punched out letters to spell " to the world"using the 1/4 square punch. Glue the letters "to the" on the "O" tag. Now we can wheel the Woodcut holly onto a 8.5 x 11 in Crumb cake. Ink the pattern print background stamp in Always Artichoke and stamp it one time on scrap paper then stamp it onto the very vanilla in the bottom right corner of the page. It should be shadowed (very light). Glue the letters "world" on a strip of very vanilla that fits into the framed hardware. Now tape your tags down to your Very Vanilla 8.5 x 11. If you have a mat like mine lay it on top so you get an idea of how to lay it out. When everything is in place before you put it in the frame place the hardware frame over the "O" and "Y" tag. Using your paper pierce tool make a hole so the brads glide through. I hope this Oldie but Goodie inspires you to make something great with what you have in your stamping stash. Thanks for stopping, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment