Jan 1, 2011

Post Holidays

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Well I don't know about you but after New Years I am tuckered out. I really don't like the let down after all the hussel and bussel so I move forward. I start a mad rush to decorate for Valentines Day! I have a small tree in my classroom that I decorate for the upcoming holiday so this is the perfect venue for my new ornaments. I have seen Sheli make these before but I am using traditional Valentine colors (all the Real Red and Blushing Bride left over from Christmas) So I also plan on making a darling wreath for the front door with these so look for the pictures soon.
Supplies Used: Real Red cardstock and Blushing Bride.
Die cuts: Hearts Set 113448 (4 pk) Embosslits Scalloped Heart of Hearts 117332
Rub-Ons: 121886 Love Impressions
Ribbon: Real Red taffeta 3/8 119763
1. Cut 2 scalloped hearts in real red, and 2 hearts from the Heart set die cut in Blushing Bride
2. I cut 1 piece of real red 2 x 1 3/4. I scored it at 1/4, 3/4 , 1, 1 1/4, 1 3/4 turn and score at 1/2inch turn back and cut it on the 1 inch score mark to seperate. Looking at each piece cut the small 1/4x1/2 squares on each side. Tape the bottom flaps to connect and come to a point. Then you will tape the side flaps to each heart, to form your heart pocket ornament.
3. Put together with 1/8 red tacky tape to really hold.
4. Cut a strip of blushing bride 1 x 2 1/2 rub your greeting on (or stamp one) trim and add to the front with pop ups.
5. using your snail tape add the ribbon around the heart, tie at the top.
Your done!
Thanks for stopping, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment